Thursday, April 19, 2012

Welcome

Hey, y'all!

Allow me to introduce myself.  My name is Sarah Meadows.  I am an eighteen-year-old oppressed college freshman in South Carolina.  And I'm a little obsessed with writing. What started out as a third grade class project turned into a hobby, and that hobby turned into a passion. Writing is a huge part of who I am--in fact, it helps me discover who I am every day.

I am writing my first huge hot mess novel. Writer's block is running rampant. Usually my go-to cure for writer's block is to write something that has nothing to do with my novel. It gives me a break from my extremely difficult protagonist, but still sort of "flexes my muscles." On this blog, I will be publishing these little compositions. I will not post terribly often, because I simply don't have the time to sort through/edit/post on a regular basis. But it will be a priority.

Despite the blonde hair and sundresses I don, I actually have a bit of a dark side. You will see this in my stories. They will be random. They will be bizarre. They will be off-color. They might even be a little scary. I will post a warning at the top of each post detailing the content, if I feel a warning is warranted. To give you a little dose of Meadowsian writing (wow, I love the sound of that), the first story I am posting is going to have a warning. This post will be upfront with you: this is the kind of fiction you will be reading on this blog. Get used to it. *smiles innocently*

But not every story will be so "dark." I also will type a very short summary at the top of each post.

Oh, and you are definitely encouraged to leave reviews/comments/questions/concerns/whatever! If nothing else, let me know what you had for lunch today! I love to chat and interact.

Enjoy! Or don't enjoy. Just let me know which path you choose.

Peace, love, and prose,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment